Brussels house fire started with unattended cooking says OPP
In the early evening hours of Feb. 2, a house on Alexander Street in Brussels burst into flames as a result of unattended cooking, according to the Ontario Provincial Police. Members of the Brussels division of the Huron East Fire Department were on the scene well into the night, working to extinguish the blaze for nearly six hours. A backhoe was eventually brought in to demolish the home, which was deemed a total loss.
Firefighters then re-attended the next morning to snuff out flare-ups. Members of the department were grateful for food and coffee deliveries, courtesy of community members who chipped in to pay for the deliveries. (John Stephenson photo)