- Get to know the camera. Discover how to zoom, focus and use any special features, such as black and white capabilities or panoramic views.
- Make sure the batteries are charged and that there is plenty of memory on the digital card.
- Begin visually recording the wedding before it even begins. Friend and family can capture the special events leading up to the wedding. The photos can then be compiled together to tell the whole story.
- Stand no more than 4 to 6 feet from your subjects when snapping a picture. The couple should be the central focus of the picture.
- Capture the mood and excitement of the day. Snap away while people are dancing, chatting or even just sitting in quiet contemplation. Include as many people at the wedding as you can.
- With the use of digital cameras, now guests can even get some of the pictures printed between the wedding and reception. Put them in a photo album and it can be a gift for the newlyweds at the reception.