That Special Wine
A sparkling toast
Champagne is a time-honoured tradition to toast the new bride and groom.
• Figure on one bottle of sparkling wine for every six to eight guests.
• Have the tables set with tulip-shaped glasses or champagne flutes. A tall, slender glass allows the fine bubbles to rise without disappearing too quickly.
• If budget is a concern, consider a “two-tier” system — buy several cases of a lower-priced sparkler for the majority of your guests and a few special bottles for the wedding party.
• Want to really make a statement? Don’t reserve the sparkling wine for just the toast. Instead, serve sparkling wine throughout the entire meal and enhance the festive mood of your special occasion.
• Consider champagne or sparkling wine as gifts for the bridal party and anyone else who helped smooth the way for a perfect wedding day. A bottle of champagne and a champagne bucket will let them relive the happiness of your wedding with their own special someone.